We Are Completely Beside Ourselves | Book Of The Month

Hi everyone!

I have decided to pick a book to recommend to y'all this month and think I might make it a 'thing'.

I don't know, I just think 'Book of The Month' has a lovely ring to it- don't you agree?

So this month I am recommending a really interesting book. It's difficult to describe it to you without ruining the massive twist that happens near the start of the book that is actually the middle of the story, confusing I know. Sozzles. I will try my best though..




'We are Completely Beside Ourselves' was written by Karen Joy Fowler and was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize. Oooh fancy.

So basically this book is about a gal named Rosemary who has a sister named Fern. They are best friends and everything is just fab and then all of a sudden they aren't because Fern disappears in horrific circumstances that her sister wishes she could forget. 

I must admit that initially this book was tricky to get into but after the first 20 pages I couldn't stop reading it! This is such an interesting book and the idea behind it is amazing. I wouldn't describe it as an easy read but definitely isn't a difficult one either- a happy medium you might say.

Believe me I wish I could go more into detail about this book but I would hate to spoil such an amazing plot twist. The only hint I can give you is it's loosely about animal rights and testing but that makes it sound so lame.. ugh the frustration is real.

Okay if you really want to know the 'Thing' I'm talking about click this link.. don't say I didn't warn you..

Please just read this book. I bought it as part of the 3 for £10 deal on Amazon paperbacks. I would love to hear what you think of it!

Speak to you all soon x

Make my day and follow me on Bloglovin'?


Comments

  1. I saw this book recommened to me on Amazon and I didn't think much of it, but I think I will give it a read when I next get a chance because it sounds great. Recently I read 'everyday' and 'if you find me', I really recommend them.

    Ooh La Luce | Beauty, Life, Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You 100% should! I'll definitely read your recommendations as I am due another book haul!

      Delete
  2. This book looks amazing!!
    I have nominated you for two blog awards by the way, looking forward to seeing your answers!
    Peace xo
    (Check out my latest post for details about the awards)
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This actually sounds quite interesting, I have read a few books where it took a while to get into but it was so worth the wait because I have read some amazing books.
    Will add this too my list.

    Meme xx

    New Post out now:
    'Lush Haul//Easter Range'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts